Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 9, 2014

David Fincher Makes The Inside Of Fridges Look Real Pretty



I watched Gone Girl last night. After reading the book and then finding out David Fincher was directing it - I became almost obsessive about all details of the film from who was starring it to imagining what certain bits in the book would look like on the big screen. 


There was no need to be obsessive about it. In the hands of David Fincher, the film looks amazing and is amazing.


I came across this interesting video from Tony Zhou about David Fincher's style of directing and its absolutely fascinating. As I'm about to direct my first short film this weekend (it's only a 15 second horror for a film competition), this analytical look at David Fincher's directing nuances and preferences has really helped me in storyboarding the short film I will be shooting.


So here's how you can make your film more Fincher-esque? Or Finchify your film? Finchification!

No comments:

Post a Comment